My daughter goes to ballet at least 2 times a week and she loves wearing her tutus. I have started making them instead of buying them because it gets kinda pricey after a while and this way you make it any color that you want.
What you will need:
- 7/8″ any color ribbon
- Any color tulle spools/ or by the yard
- Measure Child’s waist with the ribbon and make sure to leave extra so you can tie it in a bow.
- Cut 30-40 strips of tulle (my daughter likes her tutus fluffy and full). Cut them 3 inches x 12 inches.
- Tie a piece of tulle in a knot around the ribbon. Repeat until all your tulle is gone.
- When you are done cut the ends of the tulle to make sure your tutu is even all around.
Found this picture on Pinterest from Mammalicious Finds:
My Daughter in her No- Sew Tutu
I have to “Confess” that my daughter has at least 28 different colored tutus. If she could wear them everyday, she would!