Pancit is a well known Filipino noodle dish and there are so many different ways /recipes to make it. It may not be the right way of cooking this but, it’s MY WAY!
- 1 (12 ounce) package dried rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast meat
- 1 small head cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 3 carrots (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or oyster sauce
- 2 lemons (for garnish)
- Place the rice noodles in a large bowl, and cover with warm water. When soft, drain, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Stir in chicken, cabbage, carrots and soy sauce/ oyster sauce. Cook until cabbage begins to soften. Toss in noodles, and cook until heated through, stirring constantly. Transfer pancit to a serving dish and garnish with quartered lemons.
I have to “Confess” I actually made this today for lunch and it was DELISH
This recipe is dedicated to my dear friend, Anthony! I hope you Enjoy!