I got this Biscotti recipe from my cousin, Tisha. The recipe is on her latest Blog, Baking Sheet– It’s super delish and she gives options, for a vegan version and diabetic version.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon anise extract, or 3 drops anise oil
- Oven to 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the oil, eggs, sugar and anise flavoring until well blended. Combine the flour and baking powder, stir into the egg mixture to form a heavy dough. Divide dough into two pieces. Form each piece into a roll as long as your cookie sheet. Place roll onto the prepared cookie sheet, and press down to 1/2 inch thickness
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Remove from the baking sheet to cool on a wire rack. When The cookies are cool enough to handle, slice each one crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. Place the slices cut side up back onto the baking sheet. Bake for an additional 6 to 10 minutes on each side. Slices should be lightly toasted. (allrecipes.com)
Visit Tisha’s Blog, Baking Sheet for more yummy baking recipes or (link up top)
I have to “Confess” that I love dipping my Biscotti in my coffee for breakfast or a mid day snack