I made this for my cousins, Sheila and Brian for Valentine’s Day. And, my other cousins, Jennifer and Rob as a wedding present.
I knew Jennifer’s style was modern and chic. I also wanted a present that came from the heart and also crafty. I knew I wanted to make something about love, their names just something very meaningful.
When you get married, one person’s love and another person’s love become one whole new love. I decided to have Jennifer’s name intersect Rob’s name and I ended it with a heart because… Duhhhh?!? They love each other!
What you need:
- Wood lettering (scrabble letters, I found mine at Michael’s)
- A Shadow Box
- Crafts glue
- Any color paper for the background of the fame
- Any color paper to make a heart
- Spell out the names of the people you want to gift this to. Take your piece of back ground paper and start placing the wooden letters on with glue. You can make the names intersect anyway or if the names don’t intersect each other like (Joe and Tish) go ahead and place the heart for a space to make it look like they intersect.
- To make the heart: The pack of wooden letters always comes with a few blanks. I took red construction paper and cut out a tiny heart and glued it on the blank wooden piece.
I have to “Confess” that every time I make this shadow box … I can’t help but think how important true love really is