I usually make this easy dessert for family parties, small get togethers and when I have my little mommy group lunches at my house. These are super easy to make and it’s so refreshing and delicious.
- Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Fillo Dough Cups
- Fresh Fruit ( I like to use blueberries and raspberries )
- Make your Vanilla Pudding Mix and set aside or back in the fridge
- Bake / Toast your Fillo dough cups in the oven and wash your fruits
- Add the Vanilla Pudding into the Fillo Dough Cups and top it off with your fresh fruit
I “Confess” that it will probably take you less then 20 mins to make these fruit tarts
I really didn’t know what to name these cookies, But I gave some to a dear friend she told me that it reminded her of cupcake tops… from the taste, texture and shape… So… that’s what I call them 🙂
Super NOT healthy dessert, but… fun, tasty and cute.
- 1 Box of Cake Mix (any flavor–I used Funfetti)
- 1 Stick of Butter (Melted)
- 8oz Cream Cheese (Room Temp)
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- In a mixing bowl add, cake mix, butter, cream cheese , vanilla extract, egg, mix all together and make sure there aren’t any lumps. Set in fridge for 2 hours
- Oven at 250. Take a baking pan, line it with parchment paper.
- Roll the cookie mixture into a small or medium size ball and flatten them, set on baking pan 2 inches from each other put in oven for about 8-10 mins, cookie should be chewy and not hard
I actually made this salad on accident and it was supposed to be a totally different salad. But, heyyy it worked out and it came out delish. I am not going to add how much of the ingredients you need, who knows if it’s a salad for one or a salad for a huge gathering.
- Mixed Greens
- Sautéed Asparagus
- Grilled Chicken
- Red Onion ( chopped )
- Feta Cheese
- Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing ( Brand: Newman’s Own )
- In a bowl, add Mixed Greens, red onion, chicken, asparagus, feta cheese on top and add your salad dressing.
I “Confess” that this salad was so good, I had it again the next day
When it’s my Husband’s turn to cook dinner, which is really never– He usually makes his famous pasta dish. It’s so simple and yet so tasty.
- Farfalle pasta 1lb
- Roasted Bell Pepper Strips 16 fl oz
- Mild Italian Sausage (sliced) 16 oz
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth
- Stalk of asparagus (chopped)
- Salt of taste
- Feta Cheese
- Boil Pasta
- In a pan, add your sausage and chicken broth until sausage is fully cooked.
- When sausage is fully cooked, add sliced bell peppers and asparagus, cook until asparagus is firm.
- After the pasta is fully cooked and drained, add all your ingredients from the pan into the pot of pasta.
- Add Feta Cheese for garnish
I “Confess” that when my Husband makes his pasta dish, I go for seconds and sometimes thirds
I just had a bunch of leftovers in the fridge and I put all my ingredients together and see what I can come up with…
I came up with a, burrito bowl–Very similar to what Chipotle has. Super easy to make and most of my ingredients were pre- made.
- Shredded Cheese
- Grilled Chicken
- Pico de gallo (tomato,onion,cilantro,jalepeno)
- Cilantro Rice
- Sour Cream
Cilantro Rice– In a pan with butter or olive oil, fry cooked white or brown rice and add cilantro, salt for taste and lime juice.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl… rice, lettuce, corn, chicken, pico de gallo, cheese and then sour cream.
I “Confess” that I am in a Salad phase, cause I am getting ready for my Hawaii trip
I call this, ” Hybrid Pozole” because there are so many different ways of making Pozole. There are no wrong ways or right ways– Again, this is my way. I got this recipe from my dear friend, Joanel… we both love food and always try to find an easy and tasty to way to make them. Thanks Lovey!
- 2 Chicken Broth – 32oz
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Jar Salsa Verde -24oz
- 1 onion chopped
- Mexican Style Hominy -29oz
- Salt for taste
- Spicy: 1 Serrano Pepper sliced
- 1 1/2 cups of Shredded Chicken
- In a pot add the chicken broth, water and onions bring it to boil
- Add Hominy and Salsa Verde, pepper and salt for taste- 20 mins
- Add Shredded Chicken
I “Confess” I like my Pozole spicy and steaming hot, and I love to top it off with cilantro and avocado
I love making this Alfredo Sauce because it is super easy and it is so good. I like to call it my fake Olive Garden Sauce. I cannot wait for you to try it!
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 8 oz of Cream Cheese
- 1 Quart of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 oz of Kraft Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder for taste
- In a pot melt the butter, add the cream cheese and whisk until it is melted… it may look weird but make sure there are no chunks.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, and whisk for 2 mins
- Add the Parmesan Cheese, whisk until it is fully mixed in
- It may be a little watery, the more it sits the more it will be thicker
I “Confess” that I prefer white sauce over red sauce on my pasta
I always make this salsa for my little dinner parties or it’s such a good snack for a hot summer day. I usually serve it with tortilla chips or as a side when it’s taco night. It’s a super healthy snack and very easy to make.
- 1 lb. of Shrimp, chopped
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 Avocado
- Salt to taste
- Add chopped tomatos, cilantro, onions, cucumber, and shrimp to a bowl and mix.
- Squeeze Lemon juice to the bowl of ingredients
- Add the Avocado to the mixture and add salt to taste. Serve with chips
I “Confess” if you leave the seed of the Avocado in the salsa, it will keep the Avocado Mixture green and it won’t turn brown
I recently just learned how to make this Filipino dish and I think I did a great job.
My mom has been making beef nilaga for years and it is one of my favorites. She gave me this recipe over our Skype chat and It actually turned out so delicious. Thank you Mom!
- 2 lbs beef ribs
- 15 cups of water or more
- 1 tbsp peppercorns, crushed
- 1 1/2 medium onions
- 2 Potatoes, quartered
- Green beans
- Salt to taste or fish sauce (patis)
- 2 bunches of bok choy or 1 head of cabbage
- Put beef in a large pot, about 1 gallon in size. Add water, peppercorns, onions.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 1 hour. Remove fat floating on the surface. It is best to do this part the day before so the fat can be skimmed off the next day.
- Add potatoes and green beans. Boil another 20 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- Add salt to taste or fish sauce. Add the bok choy /cabbage. Cook another 5 minutes. Serve hot alone or with rice.
I have to “Confess” that my parents are the best cooks
Banh Mi, means all types of bread in Vietnamese.
I love this recipe cause all the ingredients are fresh, tasty and very easy! Also, good for a meal or snack.
- Tortilla or Flat Bread
- Thin sliced carrots
- Greek Yogurt with Sriracha or Mayo
- Lay your tortilla or flat bread down, spread the greek yogurt and sriracha mix. Next, layer on ham and turkey, carrots, cilantro and cucumbers, roll tightly and cut in half.
I “Confess” that Vietnamese food is my favorite type of food to eat.